Skip to content

Can I make a complaint about a matter if I’m not personally affected by it?

Yes. The Authority does have discretion to investigate matters that have not directly impacted on you. However, in making your complaint you must explain the reasons for your interest in the matter and clearly set out in detailed terms the reasons why you think the matter requires investigation.

You can also make a complaint on behalf of a family member or friend. Normally the Authority requires written consent from the person affected to deal with you on their behalf.  In the absence of written consent or other clear evidence that you’re acting with that person’s knowledge or agreement the Authority can exercise its discretion and decline a third party complaint.

If you are making a complaint on behalf of a minor (under 18 years old) or someone who is mentally incapacitated, you must state the nature of your relationship with that person and the reasons why you are acting on their behalf.




MoST Content Management V3.0.6374